The church has a small unbuttressed west tower with Somerset tracery in the bell-openings and a three sided stair turret rising to the bell stage. The walls are of ashlar with stone tiled roofs and coped gables with saddlestones. During the Civil War the church was partially destroyed by Cromwell’s troops on their way to Bristol to embark for Ireland.
For 200 years the parishioners of Slaughterford had to walk to Biddestone to worship in the church there. An inscription dated 1823 records the re-building, mainly using funds raised locally after two centuries of disuse. The church remains open for sevices and is approached through a field from the road
|2nd Sunday||3 pm||BCP Holy Communion|
|4th Sunday||Team Service||See “Our News” for details|
|5th Sunday||Cluster Service||See “Our News” for details|
We mark many of the rural services and festivals in Slaughterford. Details can be found in the Bybrook News