Team Vision Statement
The Bible gives us the best foundations for understanding the existence of the church. One of the most concise explanations is found in Matthew 28:16-20. As we reflect on this passage, there are three words that we believe sum up our calling as churches here, and together they form a concise Vision Statement.
“Worshipping. Growing. Sharing.”
A brief explanation of each of these words can be found here
As a group of churches, our reason for being is:
- To love, serve and worship God
- To love and serve one another, our local community and the wider world
- To live and share with others the good news of Jesus Christ.
Because we know that we are loved by God.
In our mission, we aim:
- To proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom
- To teach, baptise and nurture new believers
- To respond to human need by loving service
- To seek to transform unjust structures of society
- To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth.
This also follows the vision for the Diocese which is Creating Connections: connecting with God, connecting with each other and proclaiming the Good News afresh in this generation by connecting with the communities we serve.
Supporting the Rural Community
The Bybrook Team Ministry is set across a beautiful part of rural Wiltshire. Where we are very much defines what we are. Around us there are active farms, small businesses, and other employment opportunities that can be at times challenging, and stressful, dependent on so many different issues in order to be able to be viable, let alone successful. We believe that an important part of our ministry as churches in this area is to support our rural community, those working in the area, those who are struggling to find work, those who are facing financial uncertainty, as well as to celebrate alongside those who have something to celebrate. If we can help in any way, please contact us and we will point you in the direction of someone who can help.
Under Useful Links, you will find a service of helpful organisations who are helping to work with and support rural communities.